Recently the Ministry of Women and Child Development released the scheme called One Stop Centre Scheme 2023, so now we are going to provide you with all the details about this scheme. The scheme is a flagship program of the Government of India, which aims to provide holistic support to women affected by violence. Launched in 2015, the scheme seeks to address the challenges faced by women who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other forms of gender-based violence.
In this article, we will provide you with all the mandatory details about this Sakhi One Stop Centre Scheme such as benefits, features, eligibility criteria, the procedure to use, and many more. All you need is to read this whole article till the end and get detailed information from this article.
Table of Contents
One Stop Centre Scheme 2023
The One Stop Center Program (OSC) is the Government of India’s flagship program aimed at providing comprehensive support to women victims of violence. The program aims to address the challenges faced by women victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other forms of gender-based violence by providing them with basic support services such as medical assistance, legal assistance, police support, psychosocial and temporary counseling centers, among others unique centers have been set up across the country, offering women unique services under one roof to meet their needs. The program was successful in providing basic support services to women and helped create an enabling and empowering environment for women.
Overview Details of One Stop Centre Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||One-Stop Centre Scheme|
|Launched by||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Beneficiaries||All the women in our Country|
Objective of the One Stop Centre Scheme
The main goal of the One Stop Centers program is to provide women victims of violence with easy access to basic support services such as medical assistance, legal assistance, police assistance, mental health counseling, and temporary housing. The program aims to ensure women receive a coordinated and comprehensive response to violence against them, reduce gaps in service delivery, and empower women to seek help and support without fear of stigma or ostracism. The program also aims to raise awareness of violence against women and create a non-violent society where women can live in dignity and exercise their rights.
Benefits and Features of One Stop Centre Scheme
- The One Stop Center Program (OSC), launched by the Government of India in 2015, is a flagship program that aims to provide holistic support to women affected by violence. The program provides women with easy access to basic support services such as medical assistance, legal assistance, police assistance, mental health counseling, and temporary housing. Here are some of the benefits and features of the One Stop Center system:
- The OSC scheme provides a single-window service to women affected by violence, ensuring that all their needs are met under one roof. This ensures a coordinated and comprehensive response to violence against women, reducing the gaps in service delivery.
- The One Stop Centres are open 24/7, ensuring that women can access the services they need at any time.
- The scheme has been designed to provide an enabling and safe environment for women to share their concerns and seek assistance. The centers have been set up across the country in all the districts, making them accessible to women in all areas.
- The OSC scheme has a convergence approach, where various ministries and departments such as health, police, legal, and social welfare work together to provide support to women. This ensures a comprehensive response to violence against women.
- The centers are equipped with trained personnel who are qualified to handle cases of violence against women sensitively and efficiently. They are trained to understand the complexities of gender-based violence and provide support to women in a non-judgmental and confidential manner.
- The scheme has empowered women to speak out against violence and seek help, without the fear of being stigmatized or ostracized. It has created a supportive and empowering environment for women.
- The One Stop Centre scheme has been successful in providing essential support services to women and has contributed to creating a violence-free society where women can exercise their rights and live with dignity.
- The eligibility criteria for availing services under the One Stop Center (OSC) Scheme are as follows:
- The victim must be a woman who has suffered violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault, acid attacks, trafficking, and other forms of violence against women.
- The victim can be of any age group, religion, caste, class, or educational background.
- The victim must have sought help from the authorities or law enforcement agencies to register a case and obtain legal assistance.
- The victim should provide valid identification such as an Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, or any other government-issued ID.
- The victim must be willing to seek support and counseling to overcome the trauma and mental stress caused by the violence.
- The victim should not have accessed similar services from any other government-run or non-governmental organization.
- The victim must be willing to share personal information and medical history to enable the center’s staff to provide the necessary support.
- The victim can access the center’s services without any financial burden, as the services provided under the scheme are free of cost.
- The center’s services can be accessed by the victim or her representative, such as a family member or friend.
Procedure to use One Stop Centre Scheme
- Candidates can find the nearest one-stop center by calling hotline number 181 or by visiting the program’s Official website.
- Once you find the nearest Single Service Center, you can contact it through the service number or the official website. You can also visit the center in person.
- Once you arrive at the center, you will be asked to register. The registration process consists of filling out a form with your personal information and a brief description of the incident.
- The information provided will be treated confidentially.
- After registration, a trained consultant will conduct an assessment to determine your needs. The assessment process involves understanding the situation, the type of help needed and the support services available.
- Based on the assessment, the consultant provides the necessary support services. Services provided may include medical assistance, legal assistance, police assistance, psychosocial counseling, and emergency shelter.
- The advisor will guide you through the process and help you understand your options.
One-Stop Center will contact you to ensure you get the assistance you need.
- The follow-up process is important to monitor progress, provide additional support, and ensure your needs are met.