New Driving License Rules 2023 in India | New Driving Licence Rules State Wise
As we all know, to get a driver’s license for any vehicle candidates have to pass various exams and visit the RTO Office to wait in line and get driver’s licenses, but now to provide citizens ease the government of India has initiated that candidate just have to pass the driving training and the one who completed the training will get the certificate from the authorities, and then you have to hand over the certificate to the RTO office and they will handover you your driving license. In this article, we are going to cover all the important aspects of the New Driving License Rules in India 2023, which will include its benefits, eligibility criteria, features, and much more.
Table of Contents
New Driving Licence Rules 2023
The government of India has announced that to get a driving license for any vehicle 2-wheeler or 4-wheeler, the candidate should not have to pass any physical examination at the Regional Transportation Office. All the candidates just have to go through the training program and all the qualified candidates will get a certificate that they have to submit to the RTO office they will get their licenses directly. To get this, all the eligible will be honored by the new driving license regulations which are initiated by the Union Ministry of Road Transport. As per the sources, there is no other method available to get the licenses, all the states have the same method to obtain the license.
Key Highlights of New Driving License Rules 2023
|Name of the Department||Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways|
|Body Name||Regional Transportation Office (RTO)|
|Rules Changes for||2 Wheeler and 4 Wheelers|
|Rules Changed||Driving Test|
|New Rules Effect Date||01 July 2022|
Objective of New Driving Licence Rules
The main objective of this initiative is to provide an overview of the new driving license rules in India for the year 2023, which will reduce the physical examination requirements at the regional transportation office for both 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers. The implementation of this initiative will also simplify the licensing process and will also promote road safety, it will shed light on the implications of this change for all new drivers out there.
Benefits of New Driving License Rules 2023
- One of the main features of this initiative is to make significant changes to the removal of physical examination at the RTO, which means that you no longer have to go to any medical check-ups or eye tests at the RTO.
- Under this new rule, candidates can also apply to renew their driving licenses through an online platform, Applicants can submit their application form upload all the necessary documents, and pay online mode which will reduce physical visits to RTO Offices.
- Through this, all the new candidates who want to apply for licenses can use this new process in which you don’t have to go to any RTO department or wait in long lines, you can easily apply for it online mode, All you have to do is get the idea how it works.
- These new rules are created to introduce to inform standards across RTOs, which ensure that the evaluation process is consistent and fair regardless of the location of RTO Offices.
- Those candidates who want to apply should be an Indian residents.
- Applicant should be 18 years old and have valid identity proof for it.
Required Documents List
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Date of Birth Proof
- Passport-sized Photographs
- Learner’s License
- Medical Certificate
- Driving School Certificate (for some states)
- Form 1A and Form 1 (for commercial licenses)
- Declaration of Physical Fitness
- Form 4 (for transport vehicle licenses)
- Proof of Citizenship (for foreign nationals)
- Other Relevant Documents
Procedure to Check Driving License Status
- Visit the Official Website of the initiative.
- After that, you have to tap on Driving Licence-Related Services and continue.
- After tapping on it you have to choose your state name and continue.
- After this, the transport department page will appear on your screen.
- Now you have to tap on the Application Status option and continue.
- After this, the login page will open enter your application number and password in it, and submit them.
- After this, the application status of your license will appear on your screen.