HRIDAY Scheme 2023 Objectives | HRIDAY Scheme Under Which Ministry | HRIDAY Scheme PPT | HRIDAY Scheme Cities
Previously so many schemes have been launched by the government of India to provide various benefits and services to the citizens of India, and now here is another scheme called the HRIDAY Scheme, which is implemented by the government of India to develop and preserve the cultural heritage of India, with a special focus on 12 iconic heritage cities in the country. HRIDAY focuses on the development of the physical, social, economic, and spiritual aspects of these heritage cities and seeks to preserve their unique cultural identity. Here we have mentioned all the necessary detailed information about this scheme, which includes every single beneficial detail, so kindly read this whole article till the end.
HRIDAY Scheme 2023
The government of India has launched the scheme, called HRIDAY (Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana) scheme a flagship program launched in 2015. With the implementation of this scheme, the government will develop and preserve the cultural heritage of India, with a special focus on 12 different iconic heritage cities in India. Under this scheme, various infrastructure and other development projects are being undertaken, which also include the restoration and conservation of heritage sites, and also the development of tourism infrastructure such as roads, parks, and amenities, and the improvement of civic and environmental services in heritage cities.
Overview Details of the HRIDAY Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||HRIDAY Scheme|
|Full form||Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Objective||To preserve the heritage of 12 iconic cities|
Objective of the HRIDAY Scheme
The main objective of this program is to preserve and revitalize the rich cultural and historical heritage of these cities and make them premier tourist destinations. HRIDAY focuses on developing the physical, social, economic, and spiritual aspects of these historic cities and seeks to preserve their unique cultural identities. This program also aims to create employment opportunities and encourage entrepreneurship in historic cities. HRIDAY encourages the development of traditional handicrafts, local industries, and small businesses that are closely linked to the city’s cultural heritage.
About HRIDAY Scheme
Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana, HRIDAY is a flagship program launched by the Government of India in 2015, to preserve and revive the rich architectural and cultural heritage of India’s historic cities. Basically, this program focuses on the preservation and revitalization of cultural heritage sites and urban habitats of historical importance in order to boost tourism, create employment opportunities and improve citizens’ quality of life. HRIDAY selected 12 historical cities in India including Ajmer, Amaravati, Amritsar, Badami, Dwarka, Gaya, Puri, Kanchipuram, Mathura, Varanasi, Vellankani, and Warangal.
The program aims to preserve and enhance the architectural and cultural heritage of these cities, known for their rich cultural and spiritual significance, by improving infrastructure and providing basic services to visitors.
The plan focuses on four main components, namely: heritage preservation and restoration, urban renewal and modernization, promotion of cultural and spiritual tourism, and capacity building and institutional development. HRIDAY is implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development in cooperation with state governments and municipalities.
The 12 cities selected under the HRIDAY scheme
Benefits and Features of the HRIDAY Scheme
- With the implementation of this scheme, the government will run various projects for development which include tourism infrastructure such as roads, parks, and services, and improving civic and environmental services in historic cities.
- The government will also create job opportunities and promote entrepreneurship in the heritage cities so that all the citizens will get benefited.
- And the government will also encourage the development process of traditional arts and crafts, local industries, and other small businesses, which is basically linked to the cultural heritage of the city.
- This beneficial scheme also works for the development of new tourism products and packages that highlight the unique cultural heritage of each city.
- With the help of this scheme, will aim at preserving and reviving the rich cultural heritage of India’s iconic cities, and also preserve the unique identities of these cities and promote them as premier tourist destinations.
- The success of this scheme will play a huge role in preserving and promoting India’s rich cultural heritage for future generations, which will be beneficial.
Main Components of the HRIDAY Scheme
- Physical infrastructure
- Institutional infrastructure
- Economic infrastructure
- Social infrastructure