DFIA Scheme Notification | DFIA Scheme Benefits | DFIA Full Form | DFIA Scheme Code
Here in this article, we will talk about the scheme which is informed by Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, and the name of the scheme is DFIA Scheme. The full form of this DFIA is Duty Free Import Authorization, in which they will allow all the duty free import of inputs such as, oil, fuel, energy sources, and all the other things which is necessary for the production of the export materials.
If you want to know more about this scheme, then all you need is to read this whole article till the end, and get each and every detailed information form here. we will also provide you important links so that the things you want to know, can get it from there.
Duty Free Import Authorization Scheme
Basically, the DFIA, Duty Free Import Authorization will allow the free import of inputs, and also import of oil and catalyst which is basically utilised in production process of export product will also be allowed. The DFIA will also provisions the paragraphs 4.12, 4.18, 4.20, 4.21, 4.24, for the FTP will also be applicable. Refund at the rate determined and set by the Central Excise Agency is available for paid inputs, whether imported or domestic, used in the export product. The tax-free import permit is only exempt from paying the basic duty.
Overview Details of DFIA Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||DFIA, Duty Free Import Authorization|
|Informed by||Union Minister of Commerce and Industry|
|Aim||Allow all duty-free imports of inputs such as oil, fuel, energy sources and all other things needed to produce the materials for export.|
Objective of DFIA Scheme
DFIA is issued to allow duty-free entry of supplies, fuel, oil, energy sources, and catalysts required to manufacture the export product. The General Directorate of Foreign Trade (DGFT) can exclude any product from the scope of the DFIA by public notice and also allow the duty-free importation of inputs such as oil, fuel, energy sources and all other necessary things. for the production of materials for export.
Eligibility Criteria of the DFIA Scheme
- All the exporting merchant should have to provide the name and address of the supporting manufacturer of the exported product on the export document.
- The duty-free import permit will be issued after the export for products for which standard entry and exit rules have been reported.
- Most importantly the application should be submitted to the competent state authority before export as part of the duty-free import permit.
Benefits of the DFIA Scheme
- With the implementation of this scheme, DFIA is now issued to allow duty-free entry of supplies, fuel, oil, energy sources and catalysts, which will be needed to manufacture export products.
- The DGFT can exclude any product from the scope of application of the DFIA by making a public announcement, and duty-free import permit is issued for the duty-free import of upstream services.
- If you want to get more details about the benefits and other things then you are required to visit the website and check the notification.
Online Process to be Followed for Duty Free Import Authorization Scheme
- Before starting export under the DFIA, applicants are required application process to regional authority, and after this the file number will be generated after submission of the application on the Official Website.
- The authorities have mentioned that it is necessary to complete the export within in 12 months from the application submission date.
- It is important to mention the file number on the export documents such as, ARE-1, ARE-3, shipping bills, bill of export and other documents.
- Once the export is complete and revenue is realized, the applicant can apply for the issuance of a duty-free import permit, which is transferrable to the relevant regional authority, such request must be made within 12 months from the date of export or within 6 months from the date of realization of the export proceeds.
- And the separate DFIA Duty Free Import Authorisation will be given to each SION, and also for each port.
- It is mandatory that export under the scheme should be done from a single port.
- A duty-free import permit will not be granted for the export of products for which SION prescribes the actual user status for each entry.