Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023 (JSY) is a state-sponsored program that provides financial help to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers in order to enhance maternal and child health. The initiative was started by the Government of India in 2005 as part of the National Rural Health Mission, and it has subsequently been implemented in all Indian states, including Assam. These incentives are intended to compensate for lost income during the hospitalization stay, as well as to cover the cost of transportation and other expenditures spent during the delivery. In this article, we have mentioned all the important detailed information regarding this scheme, which will include, eligibility criteria, benefits, objectives, features, required documents list, and many more.
Table of Contents
Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023
Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) is a flagship initiative of the Assam government aimed at lowering the state’s maternal and new-born mortality rates. Pregnant women who use institutional delivery services in government or approved private health facilities are eligible for financial help under the plan. The JSY plan, which was launched in 2005, has been crucial in raising the share of hospital births and lowering mother and infant mortality rates in the state. Women in rural regions, as well as those in the BPL (below the poverty line) and SC/ST (scheduled caste/scheduled tribe) categories, are eligible for a financial incentive under the plan.
Apart from the monetary incentive, the plan also includes free transportation to the health institution, free medications and tests, and referral transportation in the event of difficulties. The Assam government has declared the continuance of the JSY plan till 2023, demonstrating the state’s commitment to improving maternal and child health outcomes.
Overview Details of Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023
|Name of the Yojana||Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023|
|Launched By||The State Government of Assam|
|Beneficiaries||Poor Pregnant Women|
|Objective||Provide free medical facilities to poor pregnant women of the state.|
Objective of Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023
The Yojana’s goal is to enhance maternal and child health outcomes in Assam by giving financial help to pregnant and lactating women in order for them to receive excellent maternal and child health care. The program’s goal is to lower mother and infant mortality rates by motivating institutional births and encouraging the adoption of optimal maternity and child health practices. The initiative aims to guarantee that every pregnant and breastfeeding woman in the state receives timely and proper medical treatment, which will benefit their general health and well-being as well as the health and well-being of their babies.
Benefits and Features of Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana
- The initiative offers financial aid to pregnant women who choose to give birth in a hospital. Rural regions receive Rs. 1,400, while metropolitan areas receive Rs. 2,200.
- The initiative encourages pregnant women to choose institutional delivery, which gives them access to healthcare facilities and medical specialists, lowering maternal and new-born death rates.
- The policy also offers incentives to women who have their cervix sterilized after giving birth, therefore encouraging family planning.
- Women from economically poorer sectors, reserved castes and tribes, and other vulnerable parts of society would benefit from the initiative.
- The plan is open to pregnant women who are poor, belong to reserved castes and tribes, and are 19 years or older.
- The initiative encourages pregnant women to have their babies in a hospital, where they would have access to superior healthcare facilities and medical specialists.
- The plan offers cash incentives to women who choose to give birth at a hospital, either public or private.
- Pregnant women who require transportation to a healthcare institution for birth can take use of the scheme’s free transportation services.
- To guarantee the scheme’s successful execution and effects, it is monitored and assessed at many levels.
- The scheme is only offered to pregnant mothers who are Assamese permanent residents.
- The expectant mother must be at least 19 years old at the time of delivery.
- The initiative is open to women from below-poverty-line (BPL) families with an annual family income of up to Rs. 1,20,000.
- The plan exclusively supports women who choose institutional delivery in government or certified private healthcare facilities.
- The expectant lady must enroll in the Janani Suraksha Yojana during her first trimester of pregnancy (i.e., up to 12 weeks from the date of the last menstrual period).
- Proper ID evidence, such as an Aadhar or voter ID card, is required for the lady.
Required Documents List
- Identification proof (Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, etc.)
- Proof of residence
- Maternity Benefit Card
- Proof of pregnancy
- Bank account details
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Birth certificate of the child
- Post-delivery check-up report
Registration Procedure Under Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana 2023
- Visit the Official website of Assam Janani Suraksha Yojana.
- On the homepage, click on the “Online Registration” option.
- You will be redirected to the registration page. Enter the required details such as your name, address, mobile number, Aadhaar number, expected delivery date, etc.
- Upload scanned copies of your photo, Aadhaar card, and other documents as required.
- Once you have filled in all the required details, click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive a registration ID and password on your registered mobile number and email address.
- Log in to the portal using your registration ID and password.
- Select the hospital where you want to deliver your baby from the list of government and accredited private hospitals provided on the portal.
- Submit the required documents such as a copy of the registration slip, ID proof, and others to the hospital staff.
- After the delivery, you will receive financial assistance directly to your bank account.