Annapurna Scheme 2023 Apply Online | | Annapurna Scheme Benefits | Annapurna Scheme PDF
So today here in this article we will talk about the scheme which is basically launched in 2000, by the Ministry of Rural Development, in which the requirements will be fulfilled of all the senior citizens. The name of the initiation is Annapurna Scheme 2023, and with the implementation of this scheme, the old age people whose age more than 65 will be able to get benefited from this scheme. So, all those candidates who wants to avail benefits from this scheme and wants to apply for it are advised to read this whole article till the end, and get eligibility details, benefits, features, including application process is also available in this article.
Annapurna Scheme 2023
The Ministry of Rural Development had launched the old age scheme to provide food facilities to all the old people and those who are pensioner will also get benefited from this scheme. So, those candidates who wants to get this opportunity and haven’t applied for it yet, make a registration and get this beneficial opportunity and the selection of the eligible candidates will be done through Gram Sabha. With the implementation of this scheme, the food assistance will be provided to all the selected beneficiaries and this will be given by Gram Panchayat.
Overview Details of Annapurna Scheme 2023
|Name of the scheme||Annapurna Scheme|
|Launched by||Ministry of Rural Development|
|Beneficiaries||Old age group|
|Aim||To provide food assistance to all the old age people|
|Official website||Given below|
Objective of Annapurna Scheme
The main aim of this scheme is to provide food assistance to all the old age citizens above 65 years who are unable to get proper best quality food for their health. We all know that nowadays children could not manage to take care of their old parents or grandparents and they are not able to care for their health also, to keep this situation in mind the ministry had initiated this beneficial scheme. Those citizens who live in their pensions but for some reasons they should not manage to get their pensions so with this scheme they will be able to get food supplied and assistance for themselves.
Features of Annapurna Scheme
- Basically, this scheme is sector scheme which comes under National Social Assistance Programme.
- With the implementation of this scheme, the authorities will provide food assistance to all the senior citizens.
- This scheme is created for senior citizens and those citizens who are not included in any Old Age Pension Scheme will get benefited.
- The funds for this initiation will be provided to the State Departments of Food and Civil Supplies in one single instalment.
- The State Government has a liaison with the Food Corporation of India to supply the District’s food grain directly to the FCI Regional Offices, and depending on the location of the property, the state government distributes the allocation to the districts.
- The Treasury as Additional Central Support (ACA) releases the funds from the system, which are transferred to the state plan, and the states have flexibility in selecting beneficiaries and implementation food grains are supplied to state governments based on existing regulations at BPL prices.
Annapurna Scheme Eligibility
- Those senior citizens whose age is more than 65 years are eligible for this scheme.
- Candidate should be poor with no source of income, are eligible for this initiation.
- Candidates should not be the pensioner of National Old Age Pension Scheme.
Implementation of Annapurna Scheme
The Ministry of Rural Development have initiated this scheme in 2000, for senior citizens of the state, to provide them food assistance, so those who are poor and could not get proper food facilities this scheme will be beneficial for them. And this scheme is only for senior citizens whose age is more than 65 years, and Men and Women both can avail benefits from this scheme.